POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Library_Path in Povray.ini - A bug, a feature, or just a stupid user...? : Re: Library_Path in Povray.ini - A bug, a feature, or just a Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Library_Path in Povray.ini - A bug, a feature, or just a
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Jan 2003 19:25:41
Message: <3e2de505$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3e2dd56b506af49bd39b0ff80@news.povray.org> , "Jo Lannig"
<Fly### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

> Rendering any file with these settings results in this messages:
> [...]
> Possible Command Line Error: Could not open INI file 'Alpha'.
> Parsing Options
>   Input file: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Jochen\Eigene
> Dateien\POV-Ray\Scenes\Test 01.pov (compatible to version 3.5)
>   Remove bounds........On  Split unions........Off
>   Library paths: C:\Programme\POV-Ray\renderer
>     C:\Programme\POV-Ray\INCLUDE C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
> [...]

Ah, OK, I think I found what is wrong.  Include paths in povray.ini are not
be searched.  This will be fixed in POV-Ray 3.51.

> Sorry, for whatever reason my reply started as a new thread...
> I'd better use a newsreader instead of the web interface... ;-)

No, you didn't start a new thread.  It is just displayed a bit differently
based on the subject line only in the web interface.  And that is somehow
cut off at the end.  In newsreaders it will still be shown as thread
correctly as they use a different way to match threads (only the good
newsreaders of course).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg